Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Magical Homemade Hair Mask Recipe


If you have had the opportunity to bounce around my blog you have noticed that I am a Health Coach.

But...I am also a kick-ass hair stylist that owns her own Salon biz. Rock on entrepreneurial women!

Not only do we want to be healthy, but we want to look good doing it...right?!?!

I've been doing hair since I was 15...so give me a sec and let me do the math...(taking my shoes off now so I can use my toes) (kidding) (kinda)...That means I have been doing hair for 17 years. Holy cow, time goes by fast!

With all that being said I love what I do and the relationships that I have formed. My clients become family. They were there for me through my divorce, my health scares and so much more. And then I was there for them through their life changes. It's a wonderful circle of love.

Well, now that I have shared all the gooshy stuff...the reason for this post...it's all about the hair.

At least once a day I share this recipe with my client's who have dry, damaged, over processed or newly highlighted hair...

This recipe has only 3 ingredients and most people can find all of them in their kitchen.

I will say that it is kinda gross but so worth it. So if you have that significant other that says they truly love you, then tell them they have to put this on your hair. :)

Keli's Magical Homemade Hair Mask
Recipe is for Medium length hair regular density 
add more or less for your length and thickness

Ingredients:
1/2 cup mayo (not flavored please!)
2 egg whites (real not the prepackaged ones)
1 tbs olive oil
Plastic shower cap (Dollar store is good for these)

Directions:
Place mayo in a microwavable safe bowl. Nuke for 10 second increments until warm, not hot.

Remove mayo from microwave and add egg whites. If mayo is to hot it will cook the eggs and we don't want that. Eww scrambled eggs on your head.

Add 1 tbs olive oil and stire all together until mixed.

Slather all over your hair if dry from root to ends.
Slather on dry places if scalp is not dry, or is oily.

Place shower cap on hair and sit for 15 minutes.

Even better if you can sit in a warm place like the sun. But not in 100 degree weather.

Wash hair like normal. Use shampoo and then conditioner.

Do not do this on a day you have something special. Hair may sit a bit differently because it has been nourished.

Do this once every two weeks depending on how damaged your hair is.

Enjoy!

In the Surprise area? Stop by the salon and say hi and make sure to like the Salon Facebook Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment