Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Messy Grace and My Perfectionism

This past Sunday, our church wrapped up its series on Messy Grace.

After service each Sunday, the hubby and I chat about what we take away from the message.

My continual enlightenment week after week, was how I have the habit of perfection.

I have the ability to accept others' imperfections, but have trouble accepting my own. It is not that I am down on myself or negative, but I have a very high standard of quality control for myself.

I tend to not allow failure in my life. I plan and research everything before ever making a leap into the unknown. I am a calculated spontaneous person....you are like what?!? But that is exactly me....calculated...spontaneous.

When that ah ha moment hit me, I thought....what am I missing out on in life by being so controlling of my own endeavors?

Don't get me wrong...I love adventure and living life fully...but I plan it out first.

So, my goal over the next few weeks is to give myself some leeway to make mistakes. I refuse to over analyse something before doing it...am I analyzing this as I type it? Maybe....hey it takes time.

Who knows what wonderful experience God has in store for me, unless I just take the chance.

When I met my husband I didn't analyze our relationship. It just worked...easily. God knew what he was doing when he put us together, because it was like the easiest thing I ever did.

When planning our wedding, it started to get stressful. But, once I just let it go and said it will be what it will be, everything worked out perfectly.

I need to remember that more often.

I lift my glass to adding some messiness into my life. It tends to always work out the way it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment